10.8.11

Appliques & Flowers


The iPad has been my constant companion lately, I love how it allows me to be connected with my favourite blogs, check and info I need on the go and I have my recipes on there so I can refer while cooking or baking. Naturally, I want to protect my spanking new gadget, I decided to sew my own iPad cover.

The thing is I did not like many of those DIY designs I saw online, the only one I fancied was not meant to be an iPad cover, it was supposed to be a cloth envelope. So I set out to figure out the measurements on my own - it took a long time, much trial and error, some wasted fabrics later... the iPad case was too small. Well, if I pushed and stuffed it, the cover fits, ALMOST.

Despite it all, I'm proud of the applique on the iPad cover that I made. With every project, fail or succeed, we are bound to learn something right? No worries, I will make another one soon when i have another afternoon to spare!

To cushion the disappointment, I received lovely flowers today and had a successful try of a new recipe! (read it at Deery Lou Aromas)



Oh well, happy mid-week!

No comments: