15.8.09

Dusting It Off

The last time I set click here was in December? It is amazing how time flies and me not knowing it! I've decided to resurrect this blog now that I am on a little project in dressing up and coming new apartment shared with my sista.

In the midst of researching ideas, going through throngs of decorating magazines, I must say I have a newfound respect for those who do such a good job styling their own pad making it look cosy and yet super chic.

I was at a tile shop with my contractor few days back and that was probably the only time I felt overwhelmed ever since I got thinking how the new place should be renovated.

At first, I totally loved cosy wood paneling, and then when it was to decide if it is engineered wood or solid wood and what colour it would be. Still not too much until homogeneous tiles came by it seems a better option in cooling the room and definitely easier to maintain than wood.

Made sure I kept those thoughts in my head but in that shop, I went blank. It was walls and walls of different homogeneous tiles, fake wood panels, toilet floor tile types, toilet wall tile types, kitchen floor tiles. My world went spinning! Now i am out of my bearings, what should I do?

I still have a strong idea how the end result should FEEL like, I just dont know how it should LOOK like. (If you know what I mean)

The next challenge will be to relearn what was taught in interior design class how to draw a perspective of the new kitchen, the cabinets, stove... and where it should all be for my contractor to understand my jibberish not in word but in picture.

Despite all these, I'm having fun. I love being creative. I love challenging myself, make this work with a budget. I love flipping through those pretty home decor pages and think actually I can do that!

I just wish time was on my side and my brain cells would work after a hectic day in the office.


So I will try my best to keep here posted on my latest discoveries and learning journey whilst still keeping my contributions in DeeryLouAromas alive.

I CAN DO IT!

No comments: