23.2.10

The Ugly Side of Man


Yesterday, the online news showed a picture of a cruel man in China dragging a dog chained to its neck on a motorbike going at 50km/h. Today, a Tiger was caught, killed and chopped into half and guess what the poachers were doing? They were sharing about the Tiger’s last moments.

What IS WRONG with these people?

It angers me and I’m extremely sad these unfortunate things are happening. Not too long ago, the dolphins in Japan were being reported on how brutally they were (and still are) harvested and killed. The video I watched on this issue just made me weep.

I love animals. I love all animals because they need to and absolutely HAVE the right to survive and share the earth because God made all living things for a reason. I love Chester to bits and I can’t bear to see other dogs being ill-treated by uneducated, selfish individuals.

So what if we are turning off the lights diligently to save on power usage, so what if we are planting more trees and turning to hybrid cars to save the earth on resources and so what the heck if we are recycling our tins and plastics to minimize wastes when we are killing animals that complete the food chain and keep the earth going through its natural cycle?

Why don’t all of us wake up and see the truth and stop making unjust use of creatures who can’t speak for themselves for our selfish purposes and sometimes entertainment?

I’m embarrassed by my own kind. I truly am.

No comments: